Sunday, September 22, 2002 -- Big Bear Lake - Bruceton Mills, WV
Big Bear Lake MTB- WVMBA Pts. #15
(Championship Race) (iPO Event Id#: 4802)
The Course: Starts on a 1-mile stretch of pavement, which spreads the field before jumping into tight winding single track. Nearly all of the 19+ miles of racing is single/double track. This extremely fast and technical course is full of large embedded rocks, which provide wide grin racing for all skill levels. 30+K Single Track Loop - All riders 1 loop; Beginners shortened course.
Saturday, September 21st
- Kid's Race - Age Groups: 6 & under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12; $5.00 to enter; Starts at 11:00 AM; Awards - All kid racers will receive medals and a hand dipped ice cream cone from the Big Bear County Store!
- WV High School Championship Race - Details TBA
Sunday, September 22nd
- WVMBA XC Championship Race - Registration from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM; Mass Start ALL Classes at 12 Noon
- Entry Fee - $25 WVMBA Member; $30 Non-Member
- Classes - All WVMBA point classes, Beginner Under 30, and 30+
- WVMBA Championship Awards Banquet - Sponsored by WV Tourism
- Post Race Perks - Pasta dinner free to all racers. Showers and bike wash are provided.
- Prize Table - This year all finalists will receive hand thrown Westerwald Pottery Prizes. All expert classes will receive a cash purse and a $25 season pass to bike Big Bear. Prizes will be awarded at least 4 deep depending on class size.
- Directions - Big Bear Lake is off I-68 exit #29 Hazelton, WV. Follows signs 3 miles south to Big Bear Lake. Check out Big Bear's location on a map
- Lodging - A limited amount of RV/tent sites (with electric and bath house) are available for $10.00; Unlimited primitive sites available for just $5.00. Or stay at the Maple Leaf Motel, in Bruceton Mills, WV, Call: (304)379-4075
|TITLE:||Big Bear Lake MTB- WVMBA Pts. #15 (Championship)|
|WHEN:||Sun, 22 Sep|
|WHERE:||Bruceton Mills (Big Bear Lake), WV|
Alyeska Inc-Big Bear Lake
|AFFILIATES:||WVMBA Point Series|