Saturday, September 29, 2012 -- Kingwood, WV
The Buckwheat Mile
2012 Race Registration . . . Print your [ Entry Form ]
The 1st Annual Buckwheat Mile will be held prior to the Saturday parade of the 71st Annual Preston County Buckwheat Festival in Kingwood, WV. Athletes will run a distance of 1 mile (1609 meters) along the festival parade route. Thousands of people will be gathered along the streets of Kingwood to watch the parade so it will be a unique environment for runners.
Race day registration will take place from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the bleachers of the old Central Preston Middle School football field. The football field is right beside the fairgrounds on Price Street. Athletes will not be able to register after 11:30 a.m.
Entries received by Monday, September 24th will be assured of a t-shirt.
The race will commence when the fire whistle blows at approximately high noon (12:00 p.m.).
The Buckwheat Mile is open to all ages. We ask that you be able to run a mile in 12 minutes or less in order to not interfere with the parade. We dont want anyone to be passed by a float or marching band.
- Preston County Students registered by deadline without a t-shirt - FREE
- Preston County Students registered by deadline with a t-shirt - $7
- Out-of-county students registered by deadline without a t-shirt - $5
- Out-of-county students registered by deadline with a t-shirt - $10
- All students not pre-registered (t-shirt not guaranteed) - $12
- Adults registered by deadline without a t-shirt -$5
- Adults registered by deadline with a t-shirt -$12
- Adults not pre-registered (t-shirt not guaranteed) -$14
Custom awards will be given out to the top two in each age division: 10-under, 11-14, 15-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & up. The top three overall male and female runners will receive custom awards and buckwheat dinners at the Community Building.
The Buckwheat Mile will be a fast course with a net elevation change of less than 50 feet. The race will start at the intersection of Price and Brown Avenue (by the information booth) and follow the parade route along Price Street, High Street, Morgantown Street, Tunnelton Street, and back to Brown Avenue. The course will then enter the football field and finish in front of the bleachers. The course can be viewed online at the following link: Map.
|Event Name:||The Buckwheat Mile|
Kingwood, WV 26537|
Phone: 304-329-3772 (evenings)