Saturday, June 19, 2010 -- Charleston, WV
Run for Your Life 5-Mile Run
The riverfront in West Virginia's capital city is the setting for the 12th annual Smoke on the Water Chili Cook-Off. Winners in each age division will be recognized. All entry fees from Run for Your Life go to the CAMC Foundation to support colorectal cancer awareness and screening. Trophies to top male and female runners overall and in age divisions.
To Pre-register print your 2010 [Entry Form]
if postmarked by 6/12
$20 after 6/12
Late registration is 7-8 am on race day. T-shirts to all registered runners while supplies last.
Starts at Haddad Riverfront Park, follows Court Street through downtown and then heads up to and around the historic Spring Hill Cemetery, then back-down to the chili cook-off site.
TENTATIVE Race Schedule and Other Events
- 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. + Late registration and packet pick up
- 8:30 a.m. + Race begins on Court Street
- 10:15 a.m. + Race Awards Ceremony (following the lighting of the stoves)
- 11:00 a.m. + Live music begins
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Children's activities Sponsored by the Charleston Family YMCA on the Boulevard
- 11:15 a.m. + Chili Sampling Ticket Sales begin (Hospice tents)
- 3:00 p.m. + Hot pepper eating contest
- 3:30 p.m. + Frozen T-shirt contest
Haddad Riverfront Park
700 Kanawha Blvd.
Charleston, WV 25301
About the Area
Charleston, West Virginia is the perfect way to enjoy a day, weekend getaway or extended adventure. Nestled in the lush, Appalachian Mountains, the capital city is the perfect setting to enjoy history, culture, entertainment and fun. Plus, don't forget all the great shopping, restaurants, hotels and the 9,300-acre, Kanawha State Forest.
|Start Date:||2010-06-19 Start Time: 8:30am|
|Event Name:||Run for Your Life 5-Mile Run|
Charleston, WV 25301|
Kanawha Boulevard at Haddad Riverfront Park