Sunday, August 15, 2010 -- Barboursville, WV / Barboursville City Park
Dirt Derby - WVMBA #11
This Points Series Race is OPEN to everyone who loves to ride a bike! Event venue is now at the soccer field complex of Barboursville City Park.
There is a new course for 2010 with one and two lap courses with 15 and 25 mile distance for Sport & Beginner and Expert classes. Featuring a prologue and finish on the river trail and includes all the fun trails on "the hill".
The course venue has been changed within the park so that the start/finish is at the soccer field complex. Entering the Park at the main entrance top over the hill and turn right on the first paved road ...(Deer Run Rd.) Proceed approximately one mile cross steel bridge and registration will be at the new concession stand.
10:00 AM - Registration
12:45 - Racers Meeting
1:00 PM - Race Start
$25 dollars for WVMBA members and $30 for non-members. Post race food and drinks are included in fee.
Cash & Prizes
Cash, 100% cash payout to all expert classes, and prizes for all other WVMBA classes will be awarded. Plus a limited number of race shirts will be available.
Soccer Field Complex at Barboursville Community Park
Barboursville, WV 25504
(park phone) 304-736-8994
The Park is over 750 acres of well-designed landscaped park. There are 3 fishing lakes, ball fields, tennis courts, walking and bike trails, playgrounds, basketball courts and picnicking areas. See the park flicker photo set.
- To get to Barboursville Community Park, the entrance is 1.7 miles from Interstate 64 at exit 18 turn toward rt60.
- At the light on rt60 turn right (west).
- From the next turning lane (100yds) turn left on Main Street, this will take you to the next signal light turn left for one block and turn right (at the next light). This road winds left and right past Barboursville Grade School and the VFD, at the first 4way stop sign turn left for one block and make a right (yield sign) on Martha Road.
- Park entrance is about a half mile on the right. (If you start going downhill you've gone too far.)
- Look for white signs through downtown directing towards Barboursville Park. The town has a no sign policy, so event signs will not be apparent.
- Event venue is at soccer field complex!
* WVMBA Points Series Event *
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association (WVMBA) supports the efforts of The International Mountain Biking Association and encourages all riders to adhere to the rules of the trail. Visit them at: www.wvmba.com
|Start Date:||2010-08-15 Start Time: 1:00pm|
|Event Name:||Dirt Derby - WVMBA #11|
Barboursville, WV 25504|
Barboursville City Park
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|
|Comments:||1:00 o'clock start for 2010|