Saturday, August 6, 2011 -- Bruceton Mills, WV / Big Bear Lake
Big Bear Lake Ultra & Ultra Light - WVMBA Ultra #3
* WVMBA Ultra Series Event *
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association (WVMBA) supports the efforts of The International Mountain Biking Association and encourages all riders to adhere to the rules of the trail. Visit them at: www.wvmba.com
Race the 50 Mile ULTRA (a WVMBA Ultra Series Event), or the 23 Mile Ultra Light (NOT a WVMBA Points event). There are Men's and Women's Open classes in the Ultra Light.
Course (50M Ultra)
It is a 50 mile single track loop. The course will be well marked. Please be aware, due to the length and nature of the course it is up to the racer to watch for the signs. There is no cut off. At least 4 aid stations will be in place with water and snacks.
- Friday evening registration is 6:00-9:00 pm
- Saturday morning registration is at 7:00 am
- 9:00 am Saturday start, 50 mile and 23 mile (approximate distances)
- Tee shirts to all racers with food and beverages after the race.
- Classes: All WVMBA Ultra Classes (men and women open, masters, single speed)
Cost . Classes
- $65 WVMBA members, $70 non-members Ultra
- $45 WVMBA members, $50 non-members Ultra Light
- Tee shirts to first 100 racers, also food and beverages afterwards for all.
- All WVMBA Ultra Classes (men and women open, masters, single speed)
Weekend primitive camping at Start/Finish is free for all racers and $10 for non-racing guest. RV camping in Beaver Creek Village 20% off for this event use discount code RACE when making reservation.
Big Bear Lake Camplands
450 Big Bear Lake Road
Bruceton Mills, WV 26525
To get to Big Bear Lake take I-68 to the Hazelton Exit (WV exit 29) and go south (left if you are coming on I-68 West, right if you are coming on I-68 East). Follow this road 3 miles to the guard shack at Big Bear Lake.
Maple Leaf Motel, Bruceton Mills, WV, call them at (304)379-4075
|Event Name:||Big Bear Lake Ultra & Ultra Light - WVMBA Ultra #3|
Bruceton Mills, WV 26525|
Big Bear Lake
|Event Distance(s):||23mi 50mi|
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|
|Comments:||Mountain Bike Race, 2 distances|