Sunday, September 8, 2013 -- Slatyfork, WV
Slatyfork Fat Tire 50 - WVMBA Ultra #6
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Heres the skinny on the fatty....
- Race starts at bottom of Mine Road (FS 24) and proceeds to Teacreek Tral
- Left onto Teacreek Connector
- Right onto Gauley Mountain Trail
- Another right onto Red Run
- Continue straight onto Right Fork off of Red Run
- Continue straight up into open field to base of Teacreek Mountain Trail
- Here the lite class splits and goes back across Gauley Mountain Trail and ends at Mine Road
- Ultra racers continue up and over Teacreek Mountain Trail to Teacreek Campground where there will be a stocked checkpoint
- Proceed through the campground to Banic Shoals Trail and climb up to Boundary Trail
- Continue on Boundary to Bearpen Trail and over to Gauley Mountain Trail
- Finishes at end of Gauley Mountain Trail on Mine Road
REGISTRATION: At Elk River Touring Center, Saturday, September 7th from 6pm to 10pm. Also Sunday morning until 9:00am. Racers meeting begins at 9:00am.
CAMPING: Free primitive camping at Elk River Touring Center or anywhere on Mine Road
RACE STARTS: 10am Sunday, September 8th.
* WVMBA Points Series Event *
Part of the West Virginia Mountain Bike Association (WVMBA) Points Series. WVMBA supports the efforts of The International Mountain Biking Association and encourages all riders to adhere to the rules of the trail. Visit them at: www.wvmba.com
|Event Name:||Slatyfork Fat Tire 50 - WVMBA Ultra #6|
Slatyfork, WV 26291|
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|
Elk River Touring Center (ERTC)
Phone: 304-572-3771 / 866-572-3771