Saturday, May 10, 2008 -- Big Bear lake, Hazelton West Virginia
High Rollers Road Race
Race held as part of the WVMBA Henry Clay 30k Mountain Bike Race Weekend!
Do Both Races This Weekend! Henry Clay Race Weekend PRIZES -Race Director, Gunnar Shogren says, "New this year; we're offering some prizes for those who finish with the best total time from the mountain AND road race!" Get more info: New Road Race and the [30K MTB Race.]
Brand new road race course. Starting at nationally known 24Hr MTB course, Big Bear, tours a corner of WV with a quick tease of beautiful red Maryland asphalt. No huge climbs, just some higher than average rollers.
USAC Permit 2008-1037 Race Flyer
Where: Start & Finish at Big Bear lake, Hazelton West Virginia
When: Saturday, May 10, 2008
Registration: Race day registration will be $25 and will open at 9:30AM. USAC license required for M 1/2/3, one day licenses are available at race site for $10 for all except M123. Race day registration opens at 9:00 AM, and closes at 10:30 AM.
Category Distance Start Prize Field Limit M 1/2/3 74 Miles 11:00 $250/5 100 M 4/5 37 Miles 11:10 Prize($300)/7 75 M 40+ 37 Miles 11:15 $100/3 75 Women 37 Miles 11:15 $200/5 75 Junior 12-18 37 Miles 11:20 Prize($75)/3 50 Cat 4/5 (200+) 37 Miles 11:20 Prize($75)/3 50 Just For Fun 37 Miles 11:20 Prize($75)/3 50
Juniors that are Cat 3 or higher may race in M123, but must still roll out.
Course: The route is 76 miles for cat 123's and 38 miles for all racers. With the mountains and views of Preston County it a race route you will not soon forget.
Take a look at the course map.
Results will be sent to USACycling.org.
Sag support will be provided.
Series Classes // USCF Class:
- Men Cat 1-3
- Men Cat 4-5
- Men Masters 40+
- Women Cat 1-4
- Junior (18 and under)
- Cat 5 (200+ lbs)
- To qualify for series championship you must compete in 5 of the 8 events*.
- Each stage of the Mountaineer Stage Race counts as one event.
- Points to be given by finishing order at each event.
- 20 points for 1st, 19 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd and so one.
- Racers finishing outside of the top 20 will be given 1 point for finishing.
- No points will be given for DNS or DNF.
2008 Event Dates:
- May 10 - Cooper's Road Race, Cooper's Rock, WV
- May 31 - June 1 - Mountaineer Stage Race, Philippi, WV
- June 21 - Tour of Tucker County Road Race, Davis, WV
- July 4 - Barbour de Tour, Philippi, WV
- July 5 - St. Albans Grand Prix, St. Albans, WV
- Sept. 21 - WV State Championship *, Kasson, WV
* Point Series Championship
|Start Date:||2008-05-10 Start Time: 11:00am|
|Event Name:||High Rollers Road Race|
Bruceton Mills, WV 26525|
Big Bear Lake
|Event Distance(s):||38mi 76mi|
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|
|Comments:||Round #1 of the West Virginia Road Series, held in conjuction with Henry Clay WVMBA Race|