Sunday, June 19, 2011 -- Uniontown, PA
Uniontown YMCA Sprint Triathlon
2011 Registration . . . Print your [ Entry Form] (pdf file)
Registration closes at 200 individual and teams. Helmets are MANDATORY!
- FEE . . . Individual: $40 postmarked prior to May 23, $45 postmarked before June 10, and $50 after.
- FEE . . . Relay (Team): $60 postmarked prior to May 23rd, $75 after.
Corporate division requires race sponsorship, includes comp. entry!
This event was created in 2009 by the Uniontown YMCA and local athletes to promote a healthier lifestyle and to raise money for the YMCA's scholarship program. The YMCA Triathlon committee encourages athletes who are new to the sport to give it a "tri", but promises that competitive athletes will equally enjoy the race! The YMCA facility is open to athletes before and after the event to shower and freshen up while fellow athlete finish the race and the awards ceremony commences.
NEW for 2011
- Later Start - 1st Wave 7:00 AM (previously 6:30)
- Daycare During the Race - The YMCA will offer certified daycare services from 6:00 am - 10:00 am. "RaceCare" will cost an additional $10 per child. Children will have an opportunity to cheer parents along.
- Vintage Division - The YMCA Triathlon committee is proud to debut the Vintage division, where old timers can pull out their non carbon frames and wheels, down tube shifters, and toe clips. For an additional $5 participants can compete overall and in their age group along with competing in the vintage division (Top 3)!
Packet Pickup is extremely recommended on Saturday between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm at the Uniontown, YMCA, however there will be a packet pickup Sunday from 5:30 am until 6:30 am.
Transition Area opens at 5:30 AM and CLOSES at 7:00 AM, thus ALL athletes MUST arrive prior to 6:30 AM! The Transition Area will be in main parking lot with bike assigned racks supplied.
The 200 yard swim will be in the YMCA indoor pool.
The 12 mile bike will be a rolling, moderate to challenging course with some scenic views of the Laurel Mountains, with NO RAILROAD crossings.
The run is a 5K from the YMCA, onto the local rotary trail (converted railroad track) for approximately 1 mile. Then onto township roads, that lead to a moderate climb and descent before returning to the YMCA for the finish. Includes multiple water stops.
Divisions . Awards
(Individual) - Top 3 Male/ Female overall and top 3 in age group
(Age Groups) - 16-19; 20-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70-over
(Relay) - Top 3 Male, Female, Co-ed, and Corporate
There will be a post race party with refreshments and awards.
Wave times will be posted on www.uniontownYMCA.org and/or www.fayettestriders.org the week prior to the race. Participants will have 5 minutes to complete 200yds. A 1 minute penalty is added per length that is not completed. There is 6 minutes between waves.
1 YMCA Lane
Uniontown, PA 15401-4174 . . . [ Google Map ]
|Start Date:||2011-06-19 Start Time: 6:00am|
|Event Name:||Uniontown YMCA Sprint Triathlon|
Uniontown, PA 15401|
Uniontown YMCA (Bill Poninsky)|
SERJ Racing Services|
Fayette Striders Running Club
|Comments:||200 yard pool Swim, 13 mile road Bike, 5K road Run|