Saturday, April 28, 2001 -- Marlinton, WV
Great Greenbrier River Race
When: Saturday, April 28th, 2001, at 11:00am. Race registration 8:30am to 10:00am at Riverside Park in Marlinton.
begins at 10:00am
Everyone MUST attend!
Where: Marlinton is located at the intersection of Rt. 219 and Rt. 39, registration will be at the Riverside Park, which is located on 1st Ave.
Mountain Bike: Buckeye to Watoga Bridge then back to Buckeye. Mile marker 52 to 48 to 52.
Run: Buckeye to Stillwell Park. Mile marker 52 to 55.
- $20 per person/ per team when pre-registered.
- $25 per person/ per team on race day.
- Pre-registered solo $25.
- Day of race solo $30.
- Includes T-shirt, lunch, and soft drinks. Only pre-registered participants are guaranteed race day T-shirts. On site registrants may receive T-shirt at a later date.
Classes: Solo male & solo female, with teams of Masters, all female, Civic/Business/Church, Open (not fitting any category), Mixed (50% male/50% female), Youth (18 or under) , Family, and Advantage( any team providing a racing constructed canoe, kevlar canoe, kayak, or tandem bicycle).
- Have Fun!!
- The wristband must be transported the entire race course. You must finish with your wristband to complete the event and be considered for placing and prizes.
- Register in one category... no switching.
- All canoes and bicycles are welcome, but kevlar and racing design canoes and tandem bicycles MUST register in the advantage category.
- Maximum of 2 persons per canoe.
- Only participants who have signed waiver may compete.
- Logistics: the team or individual is responsible for transportation of all equipment. Please arrive early.
- The Greenbrier River Trail is a non-motorized trail. Give yourself extra time to set up. No vehicles on the trail.
- You must attend the 10:00am race meeting. This is a time for announcements regarding changes and additional info.
- No ticket, no food. Additional meal tickets are available for $8.50.
|TITLE:||Great Greenbrier River Race|
|WHEN:||Sat, 28 Apr|
PCCVB (800) 336-7009 E-mail
|COMMENTS:||Paddle, Bike, and Run|