Saturday, January 5, 2008 -- Fairmont, WV / MCPARC Trail and Caperton Trail
Run to Read Half-Marathon
MAGP Endurance #10
2008: [Photos] [Coverage] [Overall Results] [Results by Class]
Get Full Details at the official race site: www.runningintheusa.com/r2rhm/
To Enter: Register online at SignMeUp.com or print your [Entry Form]
Start/Location: 12 Noon, Prickett's Fort State Park, run on the MCPARC Trail and Caperton Trail
Snow date: 1/12/08- Call 304/825-6311 the morning of 1/5/08 if in doubt. If no one answers, assume the race is on!
Double Out and Back Course: Starting on the paved Mcparc Trail running through the Meredith tunnel and back to Prickett's Fort. The first section is blacktop and is about 4.2 miles in length. The second section will be run on the Mon River Trail which is crushed limestone & the race will finish on ths trail. USATF sanctioned. There will be 5 water stops on the course. Starts and finishes 3 miles from I-79, exit 139. Follow the signs to Prickett's Fort State Park.
Perks: Gloves & knit hats for the first 200 registrants. Availability limited on race day. Chili and the usual refreshments will be at Prickett's Fort following the race. Awards will be given out as runners finish.
Sponsors/Proceeds: All proceeds will benefit Literacy Volunteers of Marion County, a United Way agency. LVMC provides free tutoring to adults & children in basic reading, math, ESL (english as a second language), GED preparation, computer basics & related subjects. LVMC is accredited by Pro Literacy Worldwide.
Special thanks to Marion County Parks and Recreation for all their help.
- Packet Pickup and Late Registration: will be held Saturday (1/5/08) inside the visitor's center at Prickett's Fort, Opens at 10:30am
- Parking: Limited at the visitor's center but there will be adequate parking available in the lower parking lot near the boat ramp.
- Bathrooms: Located in the building next to the vistors center and more bathrooms are in the lower parking lot
- Lodging: The Fairmont Holiday Inn (located right off I-79, exit 137) is offering a special flat rate on Friday evening Jan. 5. The rate is $56 + tax. This applies for 1 to 4 occupants per room. Checkout time is noon (same as the half-marathon start time) but a later check out time may be negotiated depending upon how busy they are. Call 1-800-Holiday or 1-304-366-5500 and ask for the special Run to Read Half-Marathon Rate.
- Photos: Pictures will be taken by the Run to Read volunteers and posted on www.runningintheusa.com/r2rhm/ as well as race results.
- Timing and results by Miles of Smiles Timing Services
|Start Date:||2008-01-05 Start Time: 12:00pm|
|Event Name:||Run to Read Half-Marathon-MAGP Endurance #10|
Fairmont, WV 26554|
MCPARC Trail and Caperton Trail, Prickett's Fort State Park
Morgantown Area Grand Prix|