Sunday, May 17, 2009 -- Spencer, WV
Tour de Lake - WVMBA #3
Charles Fork Lake in Spencer, West Virginia is a multi-use area with over 25 miles of trails surrounding a mile long lake that sports excellent fishing, canoeing, and hiking. The trails were developed by local mountain biking enthusiasts. It's one of the most beautiful venues in the east.
- Registration (8:30 AM) - T-Shirts to the first 100 registered
- HELMETS REQUIRED - NO EXCEPTIONS!
15K Race (1 Lap) - Women High School (15-18), Men Juniors* (14 & under), Men/Women Beginner/Novice
30K Race (2 Laps) - * = Eligible for WVMBA Points
Women Pro-Expert*, Women Vet 35+*, Sport Women*, Men Pro-Expert*, Men Expert & Sport Vet 35+*, Men Expert & Sport Masters 45+*, Men Expert Juniors* (18 & under), Sport Men (19-34)*, Men High School (15-18)*, Clydesdale 200 lbs.+*, Single Speed Open*
Awards Distribution: Our goal is to promote the sport of mountain biking and hence we want to encourage and reward bikers of all ability levels and ages. We will award all the 1st place prizes beginning with the 2 lap race followed by the 1 lap race. Other places will be awarded in a similar manner.
How deep we go will depend on the size of the class as shown: Up to 8 racers - 3 deep, 9 to 12 racers - 4 deep, 13 to 17 racers - 5 deep, 18+ racers - 6 deep
Note: If we have additional prizes after this distribution, we may, at our discretion, go deeper in all classes. Please remember that the Pro/Expert classes race for cash only.
Course: The course is ready for pre-riding. It's extremely well marked and the Roane County Fire and Rescue Squad will have personnel stationed at numerous points around the lake. Still, it is your responsibility to know the race course. We will not be closing off trails at crucial intersections, so you need to know which way to go! Also note that the distances are a bit longer than 15K and 30K. Note: The beginner class is for NOVICE riders. If you are a stronger rider, please use the sport classes - step up to the challenge and ride the 2 lap race.
How to Get There: Charles Fork Lake lies just to the south of Spencer, WV off of Route 36 which meets US Route 119 just outside of town.
- FROM I-79 NORTH - Take Big Otter exit, go north on Rt. 16 then west on US Route 33 to Spencer. South on US Route 119 to Rt. 36 - turn left and look for the sign for the lake.
- FROM I-79 SOUTH - Take the Clendenin exit, to north on US Route 119. Turn right on Rt. 36 just outside of Spencer. Look for the sign to the lake.
- FROM I-77 - Take the Ripley exit, go east on US Route 33 to Spencer, then south on US Route 119 to Rt. 36 - turn left and look for the sign for the lake.
|Start Date:||2009-05-17 Start Time: 12:00pm|
|Event Name:||Tour de Lake - WVMBA #3|
Spencer, WV 25276|
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|