Sunday, June 28, 2009 -- Marietta, OH / Wayne National Forest
The Wayne Ultra - WVMBA Ultra Series #2
$300 to overall xxc winner!
This second annual event will showcase some of the area's most beautiful and challenging singletrack while taking you on a true backcountry epic! Additional singletrack for 09! Whether you are out to win or to have a great day on the trail you are sure to be amazed by the natural beauty of Southeastern Ohio.
To ensure a great trail experience, RVMBA volunteers have dedicated hundreds of hours to course preparation. The 45 mile Ultra course is challenging so we will also be offering an "Almost Ultra" course that weighs in at about 20 miles. The race will be staged at the beautiful Leith Run Campground on the Ohio River. The campground offers a playground and hiking trails so bring the whole family! Come and get some!
How to Get There:
- Located in Southeastern Ohio 30 minutes North of Marietta on SR 7 at Leith Run Campground.
- From I-77 take Exit #1 at Marietta then North on SR 7 to Leith Run Campground.
Leith RunCampground Link:
- Start Date: 6/28/09 registration 8:30-10:30 am.
- Start Time: 11am -- All classes
- Event Name: The Wayne Ultra
- Location: Marietta, Ohio/ Wayne National Forest.
- Event Type: XXC/XC MTB
- Event Distance: 45/20 miles
- Entry fee: $40 XXC/$30 XC
- Classes: XXC course: Men. Women. Masters. Single Speed.
- Short course: Men. Women. (No points awarded for short course).
Contact: Drew Smithberger by e-mail: email@example.com or Ryan Smith by phone (740) 525-0171
Comments: Stocked aid stations and post race meal provided. Non-competitive riders are encouraged to attend and enter the short course, where else can you get a marked epic ride and dinner for thirty bucks! This is a truly epic backcountry mountain bike race!
|Start Date:||2009-06-28 Start Time: 11:00am|
|Event Name:||The Wayne Ultra - WVMBA Ultra Series #2|
Marietta, OH 45750|
Wayne National Forest
River Valley Mountain Bike Association|
West Virginia Mountain Bike Association|