Saturday, August 14, 2010 -- Elkins, WV
Kenneth Cunningham Memorial Cross Country 5K
5K XC Run, 2M Trail Walk, 1/2M XC Kids Run, 400 Meter Kids Run
12th & Final Cross Country Race
The 5K course has challenging turns in the upper trail that winds throughout a cool, wooded area, and the lower trail includes two wide streams to cross on the way to the finish line. All events are off-road.
REGISTER . . . Print your 2010 [Entry Form]
Please note that ALL events are off-road.
The scenic, wooded cross country course of Davis & Elkins College is located in Elkins, West Virginia.
This lively, arts-oriented community of 10,000 in West Virginia's Potomac Highlands. Within the town are three National Historic Districts and a variety of shops, restaurants, and pubs.
Just minutes away from Elkins is the Monongahela National Forest, almost a million acres of natural playground close to whitewater rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing, and several popular four-season resorts. For more information visit www.elkinswv.com.
The race will be held on the Athletic Field of:
Davis & Elkins College
100 Campus Drive
Elkins, WV 26241
(phone) 304-637-1900, (web) www.davisandelkins.edu/
START TIMES . EVENTS
- 8:00 am - 2M Trail Walk
- 8:45 am - 400 Meter Run (Kids 7 years and younger only)
- 9:15 am - 1/2 mile mini-Cross-Country Run (Kids 8-11 years old only)
- 10:00 am - 5K Cross-Country Run
RACE DAY Registration
- 7:30 am - Walkers, $8.00
- 7:45-9:30 am - 5K Run($15.00), 1/2M Kids($8.00), 400 Meter Kids(free)
The race features a team concept of men's and women's teams of mixed ages. Teams will be randomly picked once registration closes. Each team selects a team captain, a team name and let the fun begin.
** MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL CROSS-COUNTRY RUNNERS WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM OUR TEAM CONCEPT **
Men and Women - 12 & under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Ribbons to all participants. Door prizes will be given after event!
- KIDS - 1st for each event, medals to remaining participants
- RUNNERS 1st and 2nd Place Overall Male and Female winners plus 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age division, and Team Medals for 1st Men and Women's teams
- WALKERS - 1st and 2nd Men and Women ages 19 & under, 20-39, 40+
- **OVERALL WINNERS WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM AGE DIVISIONS**
All proceeds will benefit both Elkins Middle & High School Cross-Country teams.
|Event Name:||Kenneth Cunningham Memorial Cross Country Race|
Elkins, WV 26241|
Phone: 304-637-4610 / 304-704-7805
|Comments:||5K XC Run, 2M Trail Walk, 1/2M XC Run, 400 Meter Run, Kids Race|