Saturday, September 21, 2013 -- Morgantown, WV
September Stride 5K - MAGP #9
- [ Register Online ] with runreg.com
- Fee is $18 for WVUH employees, $20 for everyone else, goes up to $25 after 9/13/13.
Founded in 1993, the September Stride benefits the Richard Rosenbaum Memorial Fund, which assists those with pulmonary diseases. The two-loop, rolling 5k course is designed for fast times around the Ruby Hospital/WVU Stadium area. Several children's races will be held after the 5k.
Packet pickup will be in the parking lots between Ruby Memorial Hospital and Mountaineer Field, in Morgantown, WV, from 7:30 to 8:45am.
WVU Ruby Memorial Hospital (parking lot)
1 Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506 ... [ Directions ]
The 5K course is a rolling, two loop course with one water stop and mile split times. View the USATF [ Course Map ]
There will be arts and crafts for kids, as well as kid's races. The kid's races will begin at 10am. There will be three races for kids, two short runs for younger kids, as well as a 1K for older children. Participation in these are free, but we need you to register your child at the kid's tent.
Awards . Prizes ... There is no duplication of awards/prizes.
- OVERALL -- Cash awards for the first three male and female finishers:
First $150, Second $100, Third $50. There is a $100 prize for a new course record.
(Note) ... Current course record for Men is 15:11, for Women is 16:34.
- AGE GROUP -- Age Group prizes are for 5 year age groups from 14 and under on up to 70 and over, male and female.
- HEAVYWEIGHT -- Heavyweight category is for Men who weigh over 200 pounds. Weigh in at Registration.
- EMPLOYEES -- The top three male and female finishers in the 5K run who work for WVU Healthcare or WVU Health Sciences will receive prizes.
- Random Prizes -- A variety of prizes will be awarded at the end of the races. Must be present to win.
Timing will be provided by Miles of Smiles Timing Services. To ensure your safety, no dogs, baby strollers or headphones are allowed. This is in accordance with Road Runner Club of America guidelines. The 5K course is not suitable for strollers. WVU students can earn two hours of volunteer credit by participating in this race.
* Morgantown Area Grand Prix Series Event *
The Morgantown Area Grand Prix (MAGP) is open to runners only, but walkers can participate in listed races. The series helps local charitable and community service organizations and causes. View races/rules on the MAGP Series page.
|Start Date:||2013-09-21 Start Time: 9:00am|
|Event Name:||September Stride 5K - MAGP #9|
Morgantown, WV 26506|
WVU Ruby Memorial Hospital parking lot
Morgantown Area Grand Prix|
|Comments:||Run, Walk, and Kid Races|